Thursday, January 8, 2015

A Great Start to the New Year

Nicole had a really good week this week! Here's what she had to say:

"Happy New Year!!! 

     This week was pretty good!! On New Year's Eve, Sister Gosdis and I hung out with the other sisters in my district and we went to a member's home and watched FROZEN!!! It was so much fun!!!! Haha, it was a great way to end 2014. As much fun as frozen was, I had a blast just hanging out with people who share my love for the Gospel! 

     So..it snowed....A LOT!!! It snowed all day the past 2 days here....it's so BEAUTIFUL up here with all the snow on the tall trees! It is breath-taking! The snow is so deep, we got about 6 inches, and I have a hard time walking in it sometimes...haha, I fell yesterday and it was really funny! Ooohh....I got to shovel snow from Sister Francis' (the member I live with) driveway! I had so much fun doing it because I've never had to do it before!! It was quite the experience! I'm shoveling with a huge smile on my face, loving it, and Sister Gosdis (from Utah) was like "Ughhh..this sucks!!" Hahaha it was really funny! 

      So, I went on exchanges Saturday with Sister Norcross. She's from Arizona and she came out with me a couple months ago. We taught one of her investigators named Elliot. He's 18 and is scheduled to be baptized January 17. He is so cool!!!!! He said he reads the Book of Mormon daily! I asked him how he felt when he reads and he said "awesome. Just awesome! I thought the Book of Mormon would totally disclaim the Bible and be completely different at first. But, it's not! Everything in it supports and goes hand in hand with the Bible! It's just so awesome!" The joy that filled my heart when he said this is undescribable! Oh my goodness, I was just so happy to see how happy the Gospel makes him. It made me see why I'm out here and it reminded me of the joy and happiness I felt as the missionaries taught me 4 1/2 years ago. How blessed I am to have the gospel in my life!!!! I have a new desire to do missionary work now and to truly give my 100% to my Heavenly Father and let Him use me as a tool in His hands! 

      Ooh....want to hear something way cool?! Our investigator who's 9, Kristen, is about to be baptized on the 17th as well. She bore her testimony in church yesterday!!!!!!!!!! WHAT??? It was so awesome. I'm a missionary and I wasn't planning on sharing mine. This 9 year old non-member just walked up there and talked about how she knew for herself that the church is true and how grateful she is for all that she's been blessed with! What an awesome example she is to me, and everyone! I can't wait until she gets baptized...she's so great!! 

      Sorry again about no photos....the computer isn't working with my camera-_- I'll try getting something at Wal-Mart today to try out next week!

       I'm so grateful to my Heavenly Father for all He has done for me! What a blessing it is to share His gospel! I feel very humbled and blessed to be used in as a tool in His hands! 

       I love ya'll and hope everyone has a wonderful week!! 

Love, 

Sister Wilson (: "

No comments:

Post a Comment