Thursday, March 17, 2016

Fresh Start

Here's Nicole's March 7th email:

"Good Afternoon!!!! 

      This past week was very slow. A lot of our appointments fell through and we had meetings and we didn't feel like we got a lot of time to proselyte. But, no need to worry....this week will be better :) We are so excited for the fresh start we get and for new opportunities to improve :) 

      Because not a whole lot happened this week, I want to focus on the lessons I learned. 

      First-Don't judge. I was reminded this week the importance of first casting out the beam in my own eyes before trying to cast out the mote of another's. We are all imperfect. If someone was perfect, there would be no need for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. We all make mistakes and we all have weaknesses that are different from others. Regardless, the Atonement of Jesus Christ can cover and fix all. What a blessing it is to know that He will be the Judge....the perfect, most righteous judgement will be given by the One who knows perfectly...I am forever grateful for that! 

     Second-Be patient with everyone, including yourself. It's so easy to get upset with our own weaknesses and to get irritated if we're not improving the way we would like. Again, the Atonement will enable us, but it takes time. God is patient with us, so we should be patient with ourselves too :)

     Third-We have so much hope for a brighter future. I was reminded of this in our testimony meeting yesterday. We were very blessed to hear the sincere, powerful testimonies of many of the youth in the Nine Mile Falls ward. As I sat listening, I leaned over to Sister Foo and whispered, "I LOVE hearing the youth's testimonies!!" She then replied, "this is the rising generation". Immediately I remembered a conversation we had a few weeks back with an older gentleman. He went off on how we should fear the future and how our generation need to step it up and politics this and politics that. He just kept saying how much fear we should have. Sitting in that testimony meeting yesterday, I couldn't help but think about how much HOPE I have for the future and for the rising generation. As we are continually nourishing our testimonies and living the Gospel of Jesus Christ, we don't need to fear. We can look forward to the future! How grateful I am for my testimony and the strength it gives me. I love being a missionary. The Lord has blessed me with so much and my testimony has grown so much.....that is the biggest blessing of all! 

       I hope everyone has a great week!! I love you all :) Always remember how much love God has for you and how much hope we can have through Him!! 

Love,
Sister Wilson
Moroni 7:41"





No comments:

Post a Comment