Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Another Great Week in Spokane!

We got another fun email home, and a few pictures! We got the email
a day late due to Zone Conference on Monday, so we were really
excited when we got this email. Sounds like she's having a blast!

Hey Everyone!!!!! 

         This week was pretty good! We got to talk to a lot of people and they're all so awesome! The people here are so cool and nice and I just really love them all! It's really cold up here though, and lots of people think it's funny that I'm from Texas and freezing my butt off. We went shopping the other day for winter clothes and such, and I was like, "I don't know how to wear that...I'm from Texas and never had to before..." They think it's funny that I don't know how to properly dress for Washington weather..haha, but they've been a huge help!! 

        Washington is really funny because there are a lot of deer that run around randomly. It's funny to drive by and see a family of deer chilling in someone's front yard. BUT, it's not as funny as seeing a MOOSE chilling in someone's front yard! We were driving to a less active's house and we stopped to make sure we had the right address. I busted out laughing and Sister Rogers gave me this really funny look. Then she saw what I saw....a MOOSE in someone's yard eating from their trees!!! It was really funny because you don't see that in Texas!(: 
So these are just a few pictures, but I'll take and send more next time! Sister Rogers is beautiful, inside and out, and is from Lindon Utah. The dog we're holding is Tini (short for Martini...haha). She is Sister Sachse's dog and is so fun to live with! We took her for a walk and dressed her up. Doesn't she look so cute?! The sunsets (at 4:00 -_-) are BEAUTIFUL behind all the trees and mountains!!! 

        My district and zone is so awesome! I love all the sisters and elders I get to serve with! They're all so supporting and encouraging of one another! I know that God has purposely put me with this group of missionaries and I'm so thankful for that!

        So a really cool thing happened this week. As you'll see in some of the photos, I'm holding a lizard....for those of you who know me, I HATE lizards! They just creep me out. I can look at them but if it gets near me, I freak...not as badly as Syd though(: Anyways, our investigator, Mario, has a pet lizard. Mario is progressing well and the cool thing is, his brother, JJ, has been sitting in on the past few lessons we've taught! Supposedly, Sister Rogers has been trying to get him to sit in for a long time so this is real progress!! Anyways, we had dinner with them Thursday night and Sister Rogers wanted to see the lizard and so they brought him out. They got me to touch it and I thought I was going to die. Sister Rogers wanted to hold the lizard and JJ wanted to see me hold the lizard. I told him NO WAY! He insisted so I thought I would make a deal with him! Sister Rogers and I were going to take Mario and his wife on a church tour Friday night and then to a chili cook off the ward was putting on. JJ said if I held the lizard he would join us. So....... I DID!!! I'm trying not to spazz out in the picture, but it started crawling on me and I thought I was going to die!! It was cool though because JJ came on the tour with us. We got to teach about the gospel and share our testimonies with him. We just know he felt the spirit and it was a neat experience! Then we all had yummy chili and CORNBREAD afterwards(: 

We got a new investigator this week! He's 15 and his name is Zach! He wants to be baptized and be "a member of God" as he puts it! I'm so excited to start teaching him and help this desire in him grow!!!!!! I love seeing how happy the gospel makes people and it's been a true blessing to be here, despite the challenges! I have been very humbled by the things I've seen, heard and experienced! I'm so grateful for God's love for me and the people I teach. I love feeling the love that God has for His children! It's such a special, and sacred feeling to me! I know this church is true and I've been so blessed to be able to help people get to church! Stay strong and remember who you are! God loves you all! I love you all! 

    Oh...please send me pictures through email and mail so I can hang them up on my wall! I love and miss ya'll lots! Thanks for my package and letters...I LOVE letters! I'm keeping ya'll in my prayers! 

Love, 

Sister Wilson(:








2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! She already looks different and older. Go get 'em Nicole...oops...Sister Wilson!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! She's having the best time on her mission. :)

      Delete