Thursday, February 19, 2015

A Busy Week

It's that time again! We got another email this week. :)
With President's Day happening this week, her P-day got
pushed back to Tuesday (instead of Monday).
It sounds like Nicole had a busy week! Here's
what she had to say:

"Howdy! 

     Since yesterday was President's Day, they moved our P-day to today!
 
     This past week was pretty good! Tuesday, we rode our bikes and talked to A LOT of people!! We got to this one house and knocked, and we hear a "come in!" Sister Peeler and I looked at each other and was like "what do we do?!" We knocked again and got the same response and we stood there contemplating what to do from there. Finally, Sister Peeler was like, "let's go in!" I opened the door and we awkwardly started coming in. There was a family room ahead with people sitting and talking and a study to the left right when you walk in. This lady was walking out of the study and looked at us like "what are you doing in my house?" We replied "uh....they said to come in..." The people in the living room just sat there and it was SO AWKWARD!!!!!! Needless to say, she wasn't too interested in talking to us after that point. 

     Wednesday, we were on exchanges (we do that once a week) and we did a lot of tracting. It was fun, I really enjoy tracting. I was with Sister Doman and it was pretty great! We met a lot of interesting people! That night, we had a birthday party for Sister Norcross! It was so much fun! We had some members of the Zone gather together and we had cake and talked for a little while. It made me very grateful for the missionaries I serve with (: 

    Thursday was Weekly Planning...which means we stay inside for 5 hours to plan...at the end of weekly planning we do something called Companionship Inventory where we talk about things we can improve on together and individually and we discuss how we can make that happen. We also talk about things that are going wrong in the relationship and things we may need to change. We had a very long Comp. Inventory...we seem to disagree when it comes to planning and sometimes it causes a little contention. I hate having to talk through feelings and such but I also love it! I have learned how to better communicate with people and Sister Peeler and I came to an awesome agreement and our relationship only grew stronger (not that it was weak...we have a great relationship and always have, we just disagree on Thursdays haha). I love having to open up to my companions and it makes my friendships and trust in them so much greater! How blessed we are to be able to have time to talk to one another. I hear of a lot of people who struggle with their companions and I feel truly truly blessed and grateful for all the companions I have been put with! God knows me so well and who I need....He's so awesome! 

       Friday was good...pretty ordinary(: 

       Saturday we did some more tracting, except this time it was in my own area. Haha, we ran into a baptist lady who was out with 2 little girls. She had a name tag on and when she saw us, she said "who are you associated with?" We told her we were from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and she immediately was like "We're with Spokane Baptist". We were really polite and said it's really cool that we both are out talking about Christ and helping people come closer to Him....she didn't think it was as cool as I did...it was pretty awkward. Richard, our 71 year old, had an awesome experience! We saw him and asked how his prayer about being baptized went and he said "well, I have something to tell you. I woke up this morning and thought, I don't want to get baptized and I'm not going to. I was going to tell you when you come over tonight but then I opened the Book of Mormon and read something that changed my mind..." He showed us the verse and it said something along the lines of "I command all to be baptized and I don't want any disputations among you." It was INSANE! So he said he was seriously thinking about baptism now....we were so hopeful!

       Sunday Leslie came to church for 1/2 of sacrament meeting then left...she had a family thing. She said she's planning on coming next week for all 3 hours so we'll see!

        Yesterday we did another exchange and I stayed in my area with a Spanish sister, Sister Santiago. We visited Richard last night and guess what...HE DROPPED US (which means he doesn't want to see us anymore)!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!! It was so sad and I was devastated....but, I know that he's just not ready, and as much as it pains me to say, I don't want him to be baptized if he doesn't want it. He needs to really want it in order for it to make a difference in his life. I'm so grateful for all that I have and especially for the elders that taught and baptized me. I don't know where I'd be without them. I know that Richard will accept the gospel eventually, if not in this life, then in the one to come. How blessed I am and feel to have this gospel in my life! 

      I hope everyone had a great week and good Valentine's Day! Have a wonderful week and remember to count your blessings and remember how loved you all are! Love you!!!!

Love, 

Sister Wilson"








 This box is a cigar box that Shane gave Nicole to put her scriptures in!



The snowman was Nicole's Valentine's Day gift! She says,"My ward is so awesome!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment