Friday, April 10, 2015

The Atonement Sets Us Free

Sorry for the late update! Here's Nicole's latest email home:

"Happy late Easter Everyone!!! 

     This week was really good! Not much happened....we had a lot of meetings. Nonetheless, it was good (: 

     The excitement of the week started on Friday. So.....as missionaries, we have to do some pretty awkward things. For example, when we're driving in a car and we see someone walking down the street, we're suppose to pull over and talk to them, whether it's getting out and talking to them or rolling down the window. Sister Peeler and I are not good at it, because it's awkward and out of our comfort zone. Nonetheless, the Lord has asked us to talk to EVERYONE. He loves all of His children so much that He wants them all to hear the gospel, no matter how awkward it may be for the ones delivering the message. This is something that I've been trying to work on. So on Friday I was DETERMINED to step out of my comfort zone and be more consecrated to the Lord. We were driving and I saw this guy outside smoking. We passed him at first and then decided to turn around. We pulled up next to him, rolled down my window, and I started talking to him. I gave him a card and told him who we were as disciples of Jesus Christ and that we had a message that will change his life. After a couple minutes of talking to him, he agreed to let us come back. We have yet to teach him again, but it was a huge testimony builder to me to see how we're blessed when we do what the Lord has asked us to, no matter how uncomfortable it may be. Later that night, we went to a Less Active's house. They have a 5 year old son named River who is way cute! He's so funny!!! Well, at the end of our meeting, he did something that made me laugh and I exclaimed, "he's so cute!!" River than yelled, "THAT'S NOT APPROPRIATE!!!!" HAHAHAHAHA it was so funny!!!! I laughingly apologized to him and we left....it was pretty great! 

     The best thing ever, though, was we found this neighborhood library box (pictures below). It's just this box that people can give and take books from and we thought it was the coolest thing! Being the geniuses that we are, we decided to write in a Book of Mormon and put it in there!! We have no idea when it will happen, but someone is bound to take it and read it one day....we'll just restock it as necessary...it's fun (: 

     The biggest blessing of all this week was General Conference. I have no idea if I mentioned it in my last letter, and I deeply apologize for that. But, Conference is when our Prophet, Thomas S. Monson, and his 12 apostles speak to the world. It's such a great experience and it gives us greater light and knowledge of God's plan for us. I learned so much and thought I'd share some new knowledge I gained as well as some of my favorite quotes with ya'll: 

  • "No matter what we've done or who we are, we can be forgiven and cleansed through the Atonement of Jesus Christ....the Atonement sets us free"-President Boyd K. Packer 
  • "Don't fear the future, just trust God and exercise faith"- Elder Dallin H. Oaks
  • "There will always be hope because of the Savior"-Elder Clayton
  • "Look to Christ....our fears are subsided as we remember Him"-Elder David A. Bednar
  • "God cares more about who we are and who we're becoming than who we once were"- Elder Renbend
  • "His peace can touch and help any heart in any circumstance"-President Thomas S. Monson
  • "He died so that when we're falling, He can grab us and lift us up"-Elder Jeffery R. Holland
  This is just a glimpse of what I've learned....how blessed we are to have prophet in these days!! If you haven't watched conference yet, I would encourage you to do so. You can hear these beloved and inspired men's talks on lds.org. Go watch it...now...you'll be glad you did :) 

    I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter(: I hope we can all remember Jesus Christ and all He has done for us. We are so blessed to have a Heavenly Father who loves us so much that He has given us a prophet! I'm so grateful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! Have a wonderful week! I love you all so much and pray for you daily:)

Love, 
Sister Wilson"






No comments:

Post a Comment