Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Missionary Work is Hard When You're on Bed Rest

Nicole had a slow and emotional week this week,
but with it came a realization and gratitude. Here's what
she had to say:

"Hey everyone!

   So, this week was pretty slow....on Wednesday, we walked around all day in the rain. Our full time car has a certain amount of miles on it each month, and we don't have very much left so we walked. I love walking because we see more people that way. Unfortunately, not many people were out. It was still a lot of fun though!! One of the pictures is of that day...haha, you can tell how much fun we were having by the look of Sister Peeler's face(:

    The second picture is my new fashion statement. I hurt my foot pretty badly (I have no idea how, I just noticed it hurting on Thursday) and thought I stress fractured it again. Fortunately, I didn't....at least the x-ray I got yesterday says I didn't. I guess I just badly sprained it somehow so they put it in a bandage and said I need to stay off it as much as possible (which is almost impossible as a missionary) and that I need to ice it 4 times a day for 20 minutes every day and see how it's doing after 2 weeks. It can take 3-6 weeks to heal...so fun! BUT....I did receive a HUGE blessing from this. I never knew just how much I love my calling until I hurt my foot. Thursday evening we were trying to decide if we were going to go out or stay inside for me to ice my foot. I really wanted to go out, but I didn't want to make my condition any worse than it already was. Finally, I decided to pray about it. I walked into a room and began to pray. As I was praying I felt that I needed to stay inside for the night and I started BAWLING, which actually really surprised me. A lot of times on my mission I've faced feelings of wanting to go home, or not motivated to do missionary work, or not wanting to be a missionary anymore for one reason or another. But, this night, I bawled because I wanted more than anything to go out and share the message of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ with those who lack it. It was a huge moment for me and I'm grateful for that! I stayed in all night Thursday, and most of the day Friday and Saturday. Another realization I had was that missionary work is hard when you're on bed rest, haha. But it's okay....we'll just work really hard for the little bit of time I'll be able to go out and work! 

       We saw 2 awesome miracles this week!! We ran into Richard (the 74 yr old man who dropped us) and he said he still reads the Book of Mormon every day and prays!! It was so awesome! He said it helps him. I love that!!!!!! Even though he's not taking discussions, he's still growing closer to God and Jesus Christ because he's reading from the Book of Mormon...I love that (: 

    The second miracle involves our new investigator Tonia....she came to the General Women's Conference and when President Eyring started talking, I whispered to her that he was a modern day apostle...she replied, "I know...you can tell and feel it" It was so awesome!!!! She said she needed to hear his message and was so grateful for it. We told her about General Conference coming up, which everyone needs to watch, and how she could hear the modern day prophet speak...her automatic reply was, "I want to hear that!!" AHHHHHHH she is so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for her and to see how she progresses!!!! The gospel is true and it is so amazing!!!!!!!!! 

      With Easter coming up, I pray that everyone will really focus on our Savior Jesus Christ and all that He did for each of you individually! You should all go watch the Because He Lives Easter video on helives.mormon.org...it is so powerful and awesome and it's great for all denominations! If you have the chance, I would also invite you all to watch General Conference and listen to our prophet today, Thomas S. Monson as he speaks for God and leads and directs us! How blessed we are to have him today! I'm so grateful for the priesthood and for all that my Father in Heaven has blessed me with! I hope you all have a wonderful week and a very Happy Easter!! 

Love, 
Sister Wilson"



"My new fashion statement"


"These photos were taken after our last zone conference from last transfer....
so much fun!! I love the missionaries I get to serve with...
they have changed my life forever (:"





















No comments:

Post a Comment