Monday, June 8, 2015

Prayer is Powerful

Here's the email we got from Nicole today! Enjoy!!

"Hey Everyone! 

      This week was pretty good, and busy. I saw lots of miracles and learned so so much! I am so blessed and grateful for all the learning experiences I'm given! 

      So, we met a lady this week outside working in her yard. We walked up to her and started talking with her. She asked us if we were Mormon and we said yes. She replied, "oh I'm sorry". We just looked at her and questioned why? Haha, she then explained how we've been trained and she highly encouraged us to go read a book by some guy I've never heard of (I think he was a pastor?). I calmly and politely explained, "I turn to God for my answers and guidance, not man". She wasn't too happy about that and told us that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. When we agreed, she still wasn't happy. When we left, I just thought about how important it is to know where to turn to for Truth. When you're turning to the internet or to a book (other than scripture) or anything other than God, you are turning to MAN. Who do you follow? Who are you preaching about? If the answer is God and Jesus Christ, then turn to them for answers! More often than not people tell us to go research our religion....I have, and that is exactly why I am here. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is TRUE. I have turned to and asked GOD if it was true and He told me. I'm grateful for the knowledge that I have and I'm sad when people don't accept it because of what they hear from other people. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to bash other religions. I completely accept other people and their beliefs and if they're not interested right now, that's okay. I understand and let them choose for themselves. But, when people tell me to study my religion, I just have to laugh. 

       On Saturday, we did a little district blitz. The elders in Chewelah came down and Sister Kulcsar and I, with the Chewelah elders, went to Riverside to do missionary work in their areas. Elder Shirk (Riverside) handed Sister Kulcsar and I a paper with names and addresses for us to go contact. Our gps is a little different then the elders' in the sense that we need the city before we can type in anything else. The elders' gps doesn't need the city, so they didn't put the cities down. We were getting really stressed out because we couldn't find anything. We called the elders and they gave us a cross street for one of the addresses and we hopelessly tried to find it. We were having no luck and we were so frustrated that the Spirit wasn't there. Finally, I pulled over and said a prayer asking Heavenly Father to please help us. I got a picture of a house we just passed and felt prompted to go back and ask for directions. I turned back and there was a man in his yard who gave us the directions necessary to contact the person the elders wanted us to. The rest of the blitz, we were able to find the roads we needed to get where we needed to go. I was so grateful for all those tender mercies! Prayer is POWERFUL!!! I've learned the power of prayer the most these past 2 transfers. NEVER doubt the power of prayer...EVER!! 

         Yesterday, we were blessed to be able to hear from 2 members of the Seventy, Elder Johnson and Elder Blunt. THEY WERE AWESOME!!! Our General Authorities are so inspired. They called all of us to repentance and stressed the importance of every member a missionary. We are all called to preach the gospel, no exceptions. Elder Johnson explained, "no matter what profession you are (doctor, lawyer, businessman,etc), it is all insignificant compared to the work of salvation among the children of God". It was so bold, but so powerful! He explained when we die, those professions aren't going to come with us. But, the gospel will never have an end to it being taught. I would exhort (highly encourage) every member to more fully fulfill their calling as a missionary. Look for those who are in need and reach out. Follow the promptings of the Spirit...He will never lead you astray. It's my testimony that as we share the gospel, we are allowing not only the people we share it with, but also ourselves to see miracles.

         I hope you all have a wonderful week! Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer and He is always there for us, whether we want Him there or not. He's looking out for us and knows us personally! I love you all and appreciate the prayers and support (:

Love, 
Sister Wilson"




"The photo is Sister Kulcsar and I with the Riverside elders (whom I love dearly).
Elder Toner and Elder Shirk (with the bird) are super awesome!
The bird is our Ward Mission Leaders...it pooped on Elder Shirk and me....super gross!"

No comments:

Post a Comment