Thursday, June 25, 2015

Week of Learning

Sorry I'm behind in updated this week!
Here's Nicole's last email home:

"Howdy! 

     As the title of the email states, this was a week of learning for me. Not much happened this week. Sister Kulcsar was sick literally ALL week. This means we stayed inside all day every day. It. Was. AWFUL!!!!! First off, I felt so bad for her being so sick. But, worst of all, we couldn't be out talking to people about Jesus Christ and His restored gospel. It was super hard, but also a huge blessing that I am very grateful for....Sister Kulcsar would disagree though :) This circumstance caused me to really focus on my mission. I didn't have time to think about home or my family or any other distraction. I really had to focus on how I would wisely use the Lord's time. I was able to get so much done on the area book and ward lists.....it was so great! Weekly Planning on my own was super hard. Together, we never get done with planning for 2 wards, even though we have 5 hours to do it. I was so nervous about not getting enough done, but the Lord helped me to get more done on planning than we normally do together....tender mercy!! 

     This week the Lord pushed me outside of my comfort zone. We have a list of people who are potentials, which means they have the potential to hearing the lessons from the missionaries and accepting the gospel. These are people who may be interested. A lot of these people had given the missionaries their number. I felt prompted to go through and call everyone.....I would much rather go talk to people in person, or be rejected in person, than on the phone. I don't know why, I just don't like calling these potentials. Nonetheless, I called all of them. I know this seems really small, but the Atonement covers EVERYTHING and can strengthen us in EVERYTHING no matter how big or how small. I was able to use the Atonement a lot this week to give me confidence, and inspiration on what He would have me do! 

       Despite Sister Kulcsar being sick, we did get to do a couple of fun things. We're getting a new mission president July 1, so we had one last hurrah with President and Sister Mullen! The pictures are from that day...we had what they called Muffins with the Mullens! It was so fun and we have loved serving under them! How blessed I feel to get to know them! I'm excited for the new mission president to come and to get to know him as well! 

       The second fun thing we got to do was an exchange! Sister Smith from Grand Forks, Canada came to Deer Park to work with me! Oh how good it felt to be out and talk to people!!! It was a lot of fun and I loved getting to know her :)

       That's about it for this week! I love my calling...love it love it love it!! I love my Savior, Jesus Christ! I love all the trials we get to go through that strengthen us, even if it's not our own trial. I love talking to people about Jesus Christ and the unfailing love He has for each person! These past 8 months have flown by and they have been hard, trying, and so worth every second! I hope everyone had a wonderful Father's Day! I love you all and hope ya'll have a great week!

Love,
Sister Wilson"





No comments:

Post a Comment