Monday, June 29, 2015

Stand For What's Right, Even If You Stand Alone

We just LOVE getting emails from Nicole on Mondays!
We also love the pictures she sends from time to time.
Check out her latest email (with pictures) below:

"Hey everyone!! 
     
    This week was tough again...Sister Kulcsar was sick all week until Friday. Luckily, we had many tender mercies and still got work done! 

     Monday, the Grand Forks sisters (the Canada sisters) came to stay the night with us so we got to go on splits! I GOT TO GO OUT AND TALK TO PEOPLE!!! It was so much fun!!! Sister Day came out with me and she's awesome! A recent convert, Jeanine, lives with a family who does foster care. Jeanine herself is a foster child about to get adopted. They have 2 new foster girls, Tatiana and Pamela, who live there now. They come from really really tough backgrounds...it's heartbreaking. We had an awesome lesson with them about the Atonement and how Christ helps through these tough times! I hope they will have a desire to learn more and to make steps towards Christ that lead them to baptism...this will bless their lives so much and they need it!! 

     Tuesday I had a lot of time to study since we were inside all day. I studied a lot on the Atonement of Jesus Christ. It was amazing to me to read and learn about Pontius Pilate. In every account, Pilate mentioned numerous times that Christ was innocent and that He had no fault. Nonetheless, Pilate withered under the pressure of the multitude. It reminded me that we need to stand for what's right, even if you stand alone. It's not always easy, but it's always worth it. No matter what, if you do what's right, God will be fighting FOR you.....this means you will ALWAYS win! 

      Wednesday...I went crazy...I can't take a week and a half of being homebound.

      Thursday, I did weekly planning on my own again. I also broke down. I've had many challenging weeks on my mission. I've had weeks where I was homesick, depressed, had troubles with my testimony, etc. Those were very challenging weeks that I didn't particularly love. Nonetheless, these past 2 weeks were harder than all those weeks combined. There's nothing worse than not being able to share the restored gospel of Jesus Christ with people who don't have it. So, Thursday I asked Brother Gilson (the member we live with) to give me a blessing. Then I decided (after talking to my Sister Training Leader-the sister missionary over all the sisters in the area) to call a couple members for splits. Miraculously enough, the first 2 people I called were available to go out with me and stay with Sister Kulcsar! BLESSINGS!!!! It was one of the happiest days ever to be able to go out and work! Sister Nelson, from Clayton ward, came with me to see our investigator Ruth. Ruth is doing so awesome!! She is reading the Book of Mormon. She said she didn't see how it related to her, so we got to show her all the parallels that were there...it was so great!! We also got to see a part-member family, the Schmidts!! The mom is a less active member and her 3 boys, Jayden, Gavin and Gage, are super awesome!! We talked about baptism and they all expressed a desire...it's just a matter of getting the mom involved! We're hopeful!

      Friday we were able to go out and work again because Sister Kulcsar was feeling better. We had a neat experience with this guy, Kurt. We met Kurt outside and started talking to him. He has a lot of problems with the world today. He asked A LOT of questions like, "why is all this bad stuff going on?" After listening to him go on and on about all this stuff, I came to realize that every single one of his questions and concerns were found/addressed in the Book of Mormon. We told him that and he refused to read it. He said he didn't believe it and he hasn't even read it. I flat out told him that all his answers were found in there. We asked him to pray about it and he wouldn't. I said, "Kurt, you will NEVER know truth if you don't ask God...never!" God is the source of all truth, so why turn to someone, or something, else? The Book of Mormon is true!! I've asked God and He told me it was! It answers all questions, brings peace, joy, and happiness! In the words of Elder Pearson, "Read the Book of Mormon everyday, everyday, everyday!" It will change your life...it changed mine. 

      Saturday we were able to work all afternoon. It was so great! These past 2 weeks I've learned a lot about patience and long suffering. I've also learned about how much joy the gospel and teaching others about it brings. I'm super excited to talk to everyone I see this week! I'm so grateful for my calling as a servant of the Lord full-time! The gospel is true!! 

       Exciting news!! We're getting our new mission president this week! It will be very exciting and fun to see what he brings to the mission!

      Last, but not least, I've come to see just how blessed I am. The past month-ish, I've become very grateful for all of you! Some of my companions don't hear much from home, don't have support from home (financially, emotionally, etc), or are very distracted for whatever reason. I'm so grateful for all the love and support I receive...for all the letters, emails, prayers, packages, etc. I really appreciate ya'll and all that you do for me. I'm sorry if I ever took any of you for granted and I will do a much better job from now on! 

     I love you all. I love my Savior. I love my calling more than anything. I love being here and I'm grateful for all the blessings, including trials, that I go through! This is my testimony in the name of Jesus, Christ, Amen. 

Love,

Sister Wilson"


"This scratch on my hand is from our member's cat...yes mom, I'm fine :)"

"This creepy/cool mailbox was at a house we tried...
no, the people weren't interested. They opened the door,
saw us, said "no thank you" and closed it...haha"

"Sister Kulcsar and I next to a mission field sign"



"Take it, I'm 1/2 way done, but I still feel like I just started so
I thought it was appropriate :)"

No comments:

Post a Comment