Wednesday, July 8, 2015

I Love My Calling

Here's Nicole's latest email home!
Though she had another long week,
she explains that she still saw miracles.
Read what she had to say below:

"Hey everyone! 
 
     This week was long, but we still saw miracles! 

      Monday, we got to teach Pam, the foster child who lives with our recent convert Jeanine in Clayton. Pam is super awesome and loves our visits! As we talk about the Atonement of Jesus Christ, she feels the Spirit so strongly!! It's so great!! 

      Tuesday and Wednesday, we got to do splits with the Grand Forks (Canada) sisters! It was a lot of fun! I love learning from Sister Day and Sister Smith! I love the elders and sisters we get to serve with and their testimonies that strengthen mine! 

      Thursday we got to meet our new mission president, President Dymock, and his sweet wife! They are super nice and I look forward to seeing how they will help the mission progress! Also on Thursday, we say Sister Schmidt...I have no idea if I've mentioned her before. She is a less active member and her 3 sons aren't members, but are of baptism age. They are so great and we see them every Thursday evening. When we first met Sister Schmidt, she wouldn't tell us anything as to why she didn't come to church. But, when we went over Thursday night, her kids weren't there and were at their dad's house. We sat down and we just asked her again why she doesn't come. She completely opened up to us! It was amazing to see how much she has grown to trust us and how much we have grown to love her! We were so excited!! I love Sister Schmidt :)

       Friday, we got news that a modern day Apostle, President Packer, passed away. I'm grateful for his service and all he has taught us. May we all remember him and apply his teachings. 

      Saturday, we went to a 4th of July breakfast with the ward where we got to help make pancakes :) It was a lot of fun! I'll send the photos next week since I have absolutely no time at all to write! Saturday night we also saw Meg, another less active in Clayton. Meg is GREAT!!! She really is a miracle. She normally closes the doors on missionaries, but since we found her outside working on her yard, she didn't have that opportunity. We've been meeting with Meg and reading from the Bible for quite a while. She loves meeting with us and we love meeting with her! The best part is, she came to church on Sunday! Well, she came to the Deer Park ward to hear her niece give a talk in Primary, but she came for at least 2 hours!! That was huge and we were so excited to see her there! 

       I love my calling and I love these people way more than I ever thought possible! As transfer calls approach (aka the call of doom) this weekend, I am getting very anxious. The Clayton ward will be getting their own set of missionaries (right now we share the ward with elders) which is exciting, but makes me sad. I love that ward so much and the thought of me not being able to serve in that area anymore breaks my heart. But, I love Deer Park too! We work with more people in Clayton, but the Deer Park ward is so missionary minded! I've gotten to really know the members in this ward and they are so awesome! I love these areas so much!!! I feel God's love for each individual in my boundaries and that's the greatest gift anyone could ever ask for...to love so deeply. It makes transfers hard, but makes the idea of coming back to visit so joyful! I'm grateful for all that my Heavenly Father has given me and the help He sends to me, and all of you, everyday! I know my Savior lives and I know His plan is perfect, no matter where He takes me! 

 I love you all! Have a wonderful week!  

Sister Wilson"


After hitting send, Nicole noticed she had more time!
She continues:


"Tender mercy from Heavenly Father....I got more time to send photos!! We write at the library and sometimes people reserve computers or there aren't any available. My computer only gave me 30 minutes to do all my emailing (instead of 1 hr and 30 min) so I was rushed. But, once it logged me off after the 30 min, it let me log back on! Don't know if there was a cancellation or what, but I'm grateful! Heavenly Father looks out for His servants! 

So here are the photos! We went to Zion's Camp for Breakfast. Zion's Camp is a church owned camping ground with lots of historical places marked. It was so cool to see it! The ward camped out over night and since we can't go camping, we just showed up for the food:) We did get to help make the pancakes though:) 
The one photo with all the skulls is from a lady's house who we had dinner with. She had animal skulls EVERYWHERE!! It's a lot of fun to meet so many different people:) 
Love ya'll!"













No comments:

Post a Comment