Sunday, February 14, 2016

Happy Camper!

Here's Nicole's most recent email home! Enjoy!

"Happy Monday!!! 

    So we got our transfer call last night and WE'RE BOTH STAYING IN NINE MILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhh...I am such a happy camper!! I love it here so much and feel truly blessed to be here again! 

    So this past week was really good! We had an awesome church tour with Jhamee! She said she will for sure be joining us at church sometime soon and that she'll most likely come multiple times. She's so open, has lots of great questions, and is sincerely searching!! 

    We also picked up a couple new investigators named Bob and Brandon. They were a referral from a member and they are so awesome!! They are searching for truth and want to make God a bigger part of their life. They are taking everything in and are excited to read the Book of Mormon. Unfortunately, Brandon had to go to Indiana the other day for about a month for some work. Good news though, is he was really bummed to have to stop meeting with us...after only ONE lesson!!! That's how awesome they are!! AHHHHHH I LOVE THESE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      The greatest news of the week, though, is Katrina. She told us on Friday that she bought nicotine patches to get herself off of cigarettes. She is officially on day 3 of no smoking. She is anxiously looking at baptism dates and is so happy and excited to finally be able to make that promise with God. Words can't even begin to describe how I feel about that family. The progress they have made is so inspiring and amazing to see. 

     Those are the basic highlights of this past week. The area is picking up and it brings me so much joy to be here. I know this is the Lord's work. I know true happiness comes when we are sharing His restored Gospel and living it ourselves. It changes lives. It makes us better people. It brings us closer to God and His Son, Jesus Christ. It enables us to become more like Him and to be able to one day enter back into their presence. I love Him. I love these people and this calling more than anything. I pray ya'll will take the time to ponder on all the blessings you've received at His hand and give back to Him by sharing them with others. No greater joy comes then when you are serving God's children. I hope everyone has a great week....I sure will :) 

Love, 
Sister Wilson

p.s. sorry for no pictures this week....I'll do better!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment