Sunday, February 28, 2016

Looking Up

Here's Nicole's email from February 22nd.
It was another good week. :)
It's crazy to think she'll be home in 2 months!
Read what she had to say below:

"Hello family and friends!! 

     First, I need to freak out for a second.....16 MONTHS!!! WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE????? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....okay, I'm done

      This week we saw lots of miracles. We met some awesome people and set up some return appointments. We even found some new investigators =)  This week we'll have many opportunities to find even more investigators and I'm really excited....things are looking up!! 

     Katrina is still doing well! She's still battling cigarettes, but she's getting there! She's made so much progress so far and I couldn't have been happier for her!! 

     Ashlee is doing well too....still trying to get her to come to church again, but she's more diligently reading the Book of Mormon and loving it!!! She's finding answers and seeing her needs be met through the Book of Mormon and it's such a testimony builder to me!!! I love the Book of Mormon and I know it is the word of God comparable to the Bible! 

    This week we found an awesome potential! Her name is Bella. She's 13 years old and so cute. We'll be seeing her tomorrow after school and I can't wait :) I hope we'll be able to teach her and her big family and help them to come closer to Jesus Christ, our Savior. 

     A beautiful thing happened in the Nine Mile Falls ward. The Beckman family (just returned to activity a year ago and their kids who weren't baptized yet got baptized last March) went to the Temple and got sealed for time and all eternity!!!! What a beautiful event!!! They were all so happy and it's so exciting to see the Spirit that they have (: I'm grateful for Temple work and for the promises of the Lord!! God is so good!

     The greatest thing about this week was yesterday. We had a great lesson with this guy named Bill and his wife Vanessa. We met Bill about a week ago and asked if we could come share a message with him. He said he was getting baptized in a baptist church. We said it's awesome that he's taking that step to follow Christ and asked again if we could come by and share a message with his family. Haha, he was surprised we asked again after knowing about his baptism, and thought there must be something to our message for us to ask again. He told us we could come by another day :) We got our appointment set up and saw them last night! It went so well and the Spirit was definitely there! Our member who came with us was awesome and strengthened my testimony of member missionary work. I'm grateful for the members of this ward and all that they do for us! I'm thankful for Bill and his willingness to read and pray about the Book of Mormon. I'm thankful for my calling and for my Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ. I love Him and know He loves me. I know He loves all of you too!! I hope you all feel His love this week!! 

I love ya'll!! 

Sister Wilson"

No comments:

Post a Comment