Sunday, February 7, 2016

God is Good

Here's Nicole's email from January 25th!

"Hey everyone!!! 

    This past week was pretty crazy. With pday on Tuesday, a meeting all day on Wednesday, and Weekly Planning on Thursday, we didn't have a whole lot of time to proselyte. But, nonetheless, I saw God's hand in all that we did and I feel very grateful for my calling. God is good.

     So, on Wednesday, we had a missionary broadcast in the morning where we got to hear from members of the 12 apostles, which was so great! Our church leaders are truly called of God and they point us to Jesus Christ. I know the organization of the Church is to help us become better and to help us become more like our Savior. Then, Wednesday afternoon to the end of the night, we had a Zone Conference where all the missionaries in the stake meet with President Dymock. It was really good and I got things confirmed to me that needed confirmation :) The saddest part, though, was talking to President Dymock afterwards. Our Sacrament meeting in Nine Mile takes place the same time as a meeting in River Ridge that we're suppose to attend does. We approached President Dymock to ask for some more suggestions on how to do it and he said that it's too hard to have these wards combined and to expect a change come next transfer (transfer calls are next Sunday...what?!). My heart broke!!! I love these 2 areas and all the people. I would love to spend more time in River Ridge and I most definitely don't want to leave Nine Mile. Nonetheless, change is good and will help both the areas progress even more. 

     Thursday we got stuck in the snow...big time. It took us about 40 minutes to get out!! Haha, I was kicking and throwing snow everywhere and trying to guide Sister Foo to get us out. It was quite the adventure...pictures to follow :) Thursday night we saw Katrina and went over the baptismal interview questions. She is so ready!!! She's working so hard on smoking and is such an inspiration!! I can't wait to see her get baptized :) 

      Friday-Saturday, we did a 3-way exchange!! 2 of the Sisters can't drive, and the way the exchange would have worked out without us, they would have been companions. Instead, Sister Foo and I got to be involved so that at least one companion in each companionship could drive. I was with Sister Finau....she's so great!!! Definitely one of the funniest people I know :) 

     Sunday was long, but good! We had lots of uplifting messages that I took a lot from. Someone said in one of our services, "start where you are". I love the idea that we simply can start where we are...we don't have to stress out over the fact that we're not where we want to be yet. God doesn't expect us to be perfect right now, but He does expect us to be on the path to perfection, which only comes through Jesus Christ. He simply asks us to let go of the past, and start our journey from where we are now. I am forever grateful for the patience He has with me and the help I receive from Him daily as I walk that path. I love my calling more than I'll ever be able to express. I pray that everyone will take advantage of opportunities to spread God's love. There's nothing in the world that can produce such great joy. Even today as we've been going about our shopping and car washes and getting gas, etc. we've been placed in the path of people who needed us in some way and have given us a chance to testify of Christ. It's made me the happiest I've ever been being on the Lord's errand. I love this Gospel and I love my Savior! I pray we all will feel of Their love always! In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 

Love
Sister Wilson"


Sister Finau and Sister Wilson 

Stuck in the Snow 




No comments:

Post a Comment