Sunday, April 17, 2016

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is a Gospel of Action

Here's Nicole's email from April 4th!
It's crazy to think she'll be home in a month!

"Hello everyone!!! 

    This week has been crazy, as all first weeks of a new transfer are. It's been good, though, and I've learned a lot so far and have been made very humble :) 

     Monday we had one last lesson with Katrina and her family. It was very bittersweet. I love this family so much and am so very grateful for the time I had to know them and work with them :) Lots of pictures of them included! 

     Tuesday we had transfers and I got my new companion, Sister Lake. She is such a cutie! She's from North Ogden Utah and has been out 6 months. She's a sweetie and I've learned so much from her already! She knows the area well and loves the people and it gets me excited to work hard too! 

      Wednesday we had a lesson with an investigator named Donna. We met her briefly on Tuesday too. She's a sweet lady who knows the Book of Mormon is true. She said she found out it was true a couple years ago, but has never acted on that knowledge. We helped her understand a little more about what the answer means and what she should do with it. Hopefully we can get her to act on it. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of action and we need to be acting on the knowledge God gives us and be CHANGING. The Atonement was performed to help us change and become more like Him. I hope Donna will use the Atonement to change. 

      Thursday I met Perk. He's an 89 year old man who knows the Book of Mormon is true but doesn't want to be baptized because it will offend his friend. Again with action. We're trying to get him to do the small things, read every day, pray (which he does), and go to church. His friend gets mad if Perk wants to go to church but hopefully we can get him to attend one Sunday or go on a church tour! He did agree to watch conference though :)

     Friday I had a meeting all day to train me on how to be an STL....I learned a lot about being a leader and how I can best magnify my calling! 

     Saturday we watched the first session of Conference with Donna. She LOVED it!! She knows the leaders who spoke were inspired by God! Again, we just need to turn that knowledge into action. 

      Sunday we watched the first session of Conference with Perk! He liked it too and found it very interesting. He also agreed to come on a church tour!!!!! YAYYYY!!!! We are sincerely praying that we'll be able to help him have a positive, spiritual experience in the building to help him come to church! Yesterday we also went to the Academy. I don't know too much about it, but from my understanding, the Academy is for youth about 15-17,18ish. It's is a school to help youth get their GED (which is suppose to equal a high school diploma). It's all military structure and they learn military principles and skills as well. Missionaries go there every week to administer the sacrament to them and teach them a Sunday school lesson. It was very humbling. These kids are away from home for 6 months to attend here. There's about 10ish kids that attend our sacrament meeting and lesson, and it's really cool. They're making it a priority all on their own. It's a choice, and they have truly chosen Christ. It made me very thankful, because I'm not sure I would have done the same being in their shoes at their age. They bring their scriptures and participate every week. I truly truly love those cadets already :) 

      Well, if anyone didn't watch General Conference, I would exhort you to do so. There were many wonderful talks and they all pulled me closer to my Savior. I know God still speaks to us through individual revelation and also through a living day prophet, Thomas S. Monson. Listen to him. The only way you will know if he is called of God is to listen to him and his counselors. I'm so thankful for this past weekends....Conference is truly my favorite weekends all year long. I love my Savior. I love His called prophets and apostles and leaders. I know Christ lives! I hope everyone will continually use His Sacrifice to change and become more like Him! 

Love,
Sister Wilson"


 Cole Family

 Cole Family

 Cole Family

 Cole Family







 Sister Taylor

Transfers

No comments:

Post a Comment