Sunday, April 3, 2016

7 Weeks

Here's Nicole's email from March 21st.
It's crazy to think she has only 7 weeks left!

"Hello everyone!!! 

    This week is week 7 of the transfer (our transfer got extended one week!) and is also the 7 more weeks mark before I return home....man time goes by way too fast :'( 

     This past week, though, was good! We're getting more referrals from our members of people to go see, which is very exciting! We've also been able to show the new Easter video and it's amazing the Spirit that it brings. If you haven't seen it yet, I would invite you to go tofollowhim.mormon.org and watch it! I'm sure you can find 2:14 to watch a short video (: It's powerful. It testifies of truth. It helps us remember our Savior and all He has done for us. It will touch your heart. I've seen the video many times and my testimony grows each time. Watch it! 

     The biggest miracle that happened this week was Thursday. While we were doing our weekly planning, we got a phone call from an unknown number. A lady, Betty, called us and asked if we could help her move. She got our number from a doctor she sees from another ward. He didn't tell her who we were, he just said to call the number and she'd find help, haha. So she did and we were able to set up a time to help her get things packed and ready to go. Yesterday, we went to her house to officially meet her and her husband, and to see how big of a job it is and if we needed to get other members involved. They were so sweet!! As we talked with them, we invited them to learn more about the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and they said yes! We gave them a Book of Mormon and before we left, Betty was already looking through it! We're so excited to go back and serve them and share this life-changing message with them. Even though they're moving in a week, we're excited to help them start their journey to learning more about our Savior. I love Him. I'm grateful for Him and I know He lives today and is at the head of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. How grateful I am for the testimony I have gained over the years, and, most importantly, over the last 17 months. 

     Yesterday, we helped out with a primary lesson! We got to share with 7-8 year old kids how they can be missionaries too! Haha, they all got their own little name tags...so cute! Missionary work is so easy, even the little primary kids can do it. Members.....DO MISSIONARY WORK!! It's not just the missionaries job! Those who aren't members of the church, I would invite you to come and see what we're all about. I promise, you won't be disappointed! 

     The rest of the week we spent trying to find new investigators. It's been a very humbling experience working in this ward for as long as I have. I pray, if it be God's will, that I'll be able to finish my mission here! 

     I hope everyone has a wonderful week. Reflect on our Savior this Easter and think about all that He has done for you and all He will do for you! Christ has risen. He lives and is mindful of each of us. #Hallelujah 

Love, 
Sister Wilson"


 Mini Missionaries!!

 Sister Foo Fun!

More Sister Foo Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment