Monday, October 19, 2015

Jesus Christ is Our Lord and Savior

It's Monday! Which means we got another
email from our sweet Nicole. She also
sent us some pictures this week!
Check it out below:

"Hey everyone!! 

   This week was super long, but flew by in the blink of an eye...funny how mission time works! Not much happened this week....we did a lot of tracting (knocking on doors) and a lot of street contacting (talking to people we run into on the street!). Nonetheless, we met a lot of awesome people and still saw tender mercies! 

     Every day we tracted and street contacted. On Thursday, though, our hearts were broken. Twice Thursday evening we met someone who said, "what's that?" or "who's that?" when we told them we talk about Jesus Christ. Another guy told us, "I don't care for Jesus". It was probably the saddest thing I've ever heard on my mission. Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior and we wouldn't be here if it weren't for Him. There'd be no hope if it weren't for Him. Life would be pointless if it weren't for Him. He is the reason for every good thing and lifts us up in every bad thing. I am so grateful for my testimony of Jesus Christ and for all that I have because of Him. I would invite you all to ask, "what does Jesus Christ mean to me?" and really ponder all that He has done for you in your life. Never forget Him. 

      Saturday, Washington State had a football game and everyone was tailgating. I didn't even know what that was until Sister Ashby explained it to me! It was crazy!! Because the game was at one, everyone was out and about at 10 that morning and there were a million RVs parked and a ton of people out celebrating. It was so strange to see so many people. Everyone was drinking too, so Sister Ashby and I decided to go somewhere else to contact other than campus. It made me super grateful for commandments (the Word of Wisdom especially, which is a health law that prohibits the consumption of alcoholic beverages and drugs and other harmful or addictive substances) and for the protection that they bring to us! We saw the Weeds again too, and they've been reading more from the Book of Mormon....it makes me so happy!! Jesse is slowly but surely progressing and we can't wait to see them again! 

       Sunday was good too! It was our first "normal" Sunday service, since last week we had stake conference. Our ward is so small, but they're so great! Haha, because there are so many congregations that meet at our building, there's 2 of each room...including 2 chapels! It makes me laugh:) Our Brazilian couple showed up at church too!! We're excited to continue to teach them and help them grow closer to Christ! Anyways, I feel very blessed to be here in this area. I feel very grateful for the opportunity I have to testify of Jesus Christ every single day. What a blessing it is to know Him and to know my potential because of Him. I'm very thankful for all that He has done for me. I love Him very much as well as my Heavenly Father who has given us His Son, Jesus Christ to make our return Home possible! 

        I hope you all have a wonderful week! Love you!

Sister Wilson"


"Our insanely ghetto window, haha. We can't fully close the window
because of the unit there, sot he past missionaries covered up
the openness!"

"Hot Chocolate from McDonalds :)"

"We're finding spiders in our apartment, so Sister Ashby decided to
duct tape the window even more to hopefully prevent future bugs!"

"People are getting "smarter" with their signs..."

"Pretty sunset :)"

No comments:

Post a Comment